RIVAL does not promote stocks in the services offered on its website or via its API. The company does not have any financial interest in the development or outcome of any financial trading opportunities a user may or may not derive from the information presented in RIVAL’s systems. RIVAL’s purpose is to provide its users and clients with additional insights and to offer them additional information that may be relevant to them.
Due to the prevailing laws in the United States of America as well as in the European Union (MiFiD), RIVAL cannot and does not give any financial advice, suggest trading and investment opportunities and hence cannot and does not promise any specific return on any investment.
RIVAL is not a bank, broker/dealer, asset management firm or investment advisory institution. RIVAL or it’s employees and directors do not act in the aforementioned functions, and do not offer investment, trading or financial advice and do not give financial recommendations.
At any given point in time, RIVAL, it’s employees or directors may hold positions in the securities that are listed in RIVAL’s analysis functionalities.
Nothing contained on RIVAL’s website or within it’s API or any other of RIVAL’s outlets or broadcasts or any written, orally or visually presented materials is an offer, recommendation, solicitation, endorsement, promotion, incentive or invitation to transact in any specific security, investment product or asset class, or to conduct any trades, investment or financial transactions of any kind
Version: 1 January 2023
- Herein, RIVAL refers to legal entity as well as the Ri-val.ch website, the RIVAL API and any other parts of the RIVAL system.
- Your acceptance of these Terms of Service is a mandatory condition for the use of RIVAL’s Services.
- You are responsible for the way and manner in which you use RIVAL’s services. RIVAL cannot be held liable for damages incurred by your use of our services.
- You may use our services only if you are older than eighteen years of age on the day of signing up for our services. Aside from the age limit, you may also only use the RIVAL system if you are legally capable of entering into a valid contract and not barred from entering into contracts for any reason other than age.
- RIVAL may temporarily or permanently stop providing its services for technical or other reasons and due to the nature of the circumstances, it may not be possible for RIVAL to give prior notice. We retain the right to limit your use of our service at any time for various reasons and cannot be held liable for the absence of the service.
- The license of use granted to you as a user by RIVAL once you sign up for one of RIVAL’s Services (either free or paid) is limited and revocable. This license to use RIVAL’s services cannot be sublicensed or assigned to other parties unless this has specifically been agreed with RIVAL in writing prior to engaging in assignment or sublicensing.
- Unlicensed access is unauthorized and will be cancelled by RIVAL upon detection.
- You agree not to license any of RIVAL’s services to others unless this has been explicitly agreed with RIVAL prior to licensing.
- You agree not to make any copies of RIVAL’s services, generate any derivative content (such as copied and pasted images of any of RIVAL’s services), take any images (full or partial) of ri-val.ch and reprint them without RIVAL’s prior consent.
- You agree not to use any software, excluding the software necessary for viewing RIVAL’s service (such as an internet browser), that in any way tampers with RIVAL’s services or accesses RIVAL’s services or systems unless you have obtained RIVAL’s permission beforehand. This includes especially, but not only and is not limited to scraping software, software to copy or download any of RIVAL’s data, crawlers, scrapers, spiders, other scripts with similar purposes.
- You agree to use not more than two different IP-addresses to access RIVAL’s services within a period of twenty-four hours.
- You agree to and accept that RIVAL may limit or block your access without prior notification at any point in time if RIVAL believes that your account has been compromised (e.g. your password has been hacked), especially if you have three unsuccessful attempts of logging into ri-val.ch, or that RIVAL’s services are used in an unauthorized manner as outlined by these Terms of Service as well as by the law. Crass transgression of the Terms of Service may lead to permanent exclusion from using RIVAL’s services.
- You agree and accept that RIVAL may block your access if RIVAL has reason to believe that you are using our services in order to conduct an illegal activity, manipulate individuals or entities in a grave manner, cause illegal disturbance or havoc in social and political systems or any other activity that may lead to the mental or physical harm of individuals or entities.
- You agree not to use RIVAL’s sites or services to mock, slander or defame RIVAL, it’s employees or directors.
- You understand and agree that the use of our services is entirely at your own risk and that you have to accept the services provided as they are and to the extent that they are available. You agree that RIVAL will not be held liable for losses incurred due to outages, interruptions, mistakes in, non-completeness, or absence of our service.
- You agree to accept that RIVAL cannot guarantee the uninterrupted and fault-free provision of its services due to technical reasons and you accept that any risks resulting therefrom are the risks you explicitly accept to take by using our services. Any reliance on the continuity and completeness of our systems and services is at your own risk.
- You agree that RIVAL shall not be liable for any damages relating to the use of our services and systems, any loss of profit or direct financial loss on your side or any loss of reputation, damage to your image, loss of data or other intangible loss.
- In no event shall RIVAL’s liability exceed the subscription fees paid to RIVAL in the last 12 months.
- Many jurisdictions have consumer protection laws that limit the waiver of certain rights. RIVAL respects these laws, hence no provision within these terms shall waive such rights granted in various jurisdictions.
Disclosure Statement – (Privacy Statement)
Last updated: January 2023
Rival GmbH together with its subsidiaries and affiliates (“RIVAL”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the RIVAL valuation platform (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
1. Types of Data Collected
a. Personal Data
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personal information may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact details including name, telephone numbers, email address and postal address. To respond to correspondence and enquiries you send us. In some cases, to gather information needed to provide products and services requested by you or your employer. To obtain your feedback regarding our products and services.
- User credentials including name, email address and personal information you provide to us in a profile, IP address. To set up and maintain your user account. To monitor and enforce compliance with our contractual terms.
- Employer and employment information such as job title, function, seniority, department, and the address/country/ city of your office. To manage your individual user account which is covered by a corporate account of one of RIVAL’s corporate customers, for instance, the corporate account of your employer.
- Your preferences and interests, for instance which newsletters you would like to be subscribed to or what markets you are interested in. To enable us to send you tailored information on our products and services across our divisions that may be of interest to you.
- We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by contacting us.
b. Usage Data
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
c. Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies such as beacons, tags and scripts are also used to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
2. Use of Data
RIVAL uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
3. GDPR Compliance
RIVAL may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
4. Retention of Data
RIVAL will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
5. Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
6. Disclosure of Data
- Business Transaction
- Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, RIVAL may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
- Legal Requirements
RIVAL may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
To comply with a legal obligation
To protect and defend the rights or property of RIVAL
To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
To protect against legal liability
You can subscribe to our newsletter via our website. For this purpose we need your email address and your declaration that you agree to receive the newsletter.
In order to provide you with targeted information, we also collect and process information voluntarily given on preferences, name, address and telephone number .
You can cancel the subscription to the newsletter at any time. Please send your cancellation to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will immediately delete your data in connection with the newsletter dispatch. This revocation shall not affect the legality of the processing effected on the basis of the consent until the revocation.
8. Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
9. Data Protection Rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. RIVAL aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data
The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where RIVAL relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
10. Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Cookies are used that allow an analysis of the use of the website by your users. The information generated thereby is transferred to the server of the provider and stored there.
You can prevent this by setting up your browser so that no cookies are stored.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
RIVAL has integrated the component Google Analytics (with anonymization function) on its website.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service. Web analysis is the gathering, collection and analysis of data about the behavior of visitors to websites. Among other things, a web analysis service collects data on which website a data subject has come to a website from (so-called referrers), which subpages of the website were accessed or how often and for which period of time a subpage was viewed. A web analysis is mainly used to optimize a website and for the cost-benefit analysis of Internet advertising.
As IP anonymization is activated on our website, your IP address will be shortened by Google within Member States of the European Union or other states in agreement with the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to and shortened by a Google server in the USA. On behalf of the operator of the website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide further services related to website and internet use to us. The IP address transferred through your browser to Google Analytics will not be combined with other data held by Google.
In addition, this website uses the Analytics feature User ID to track interaction data. This User ID will be additionally anonymized and encrypted and will not be linked with other data.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all the features of this website to the fullest extent possible.
11. Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
12. Children’s Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.